Proper Bak Kwa storage & food safety
Bakkwa is inherently a perishable meat product and we also do not use any preservatives with our bakkwa. Hence, it is important to observe the proper storage to not compromise the taste, texture and more importantly, food safety:
- Store in dry air-tight container in a cool dry place once package is opened, away from heat/sunlight and moisture.
- Consume within 5 days from packed date for freshness and best taste.
- Keep in chiller/freezer immediately, tightly-sealed, for longer storage of up to 1 month.
- Re-heat instructions can be found on the back of the bakkwa package.
- Handle bakkwa with wet hands/utensils/containers.
- Subject bakkwa to prolonged temperature change (such as removing from chiller and leaving it in room/outside temperature) as this can introduce moisture due to condensation.